Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pat McGuire: What CRHP means to me

Pat McGuire
CRHP has been an instrumental part of my spiritual journey.  I was born a cradle Catholic and was a good Catholic through my first 12 years of Catholic education.

When I got out in the world I slipped into a cultural Catholic mentality due to my arrogance and  "I know what's best for me" attitude.  Clearly, I did not know what was best for me and I neglected the spiritual nourishment of my roots, which lead me to became a fallen Catholic.

Once I had children, I realized the need to revisit my faith because it was such an important aspect of my own upbringing.

I started on the road of recovering Catholic at this point and was beginning to come home.  But, it was not until I did my first CRHP weekend that the real healing of my hardened heart began.

Today I can call myself a devout Catholic and I am immensely grateful to the CRHP program and the many wonderful men and women in it who have taught me the meaning of true Christian community.

I recommend CRHP to anyone who wants a closer relationship with Jesus, with their family and with their community.

-- Pat McGuire

INTERESTED?:
The St. Raphael Catholic Church Women's CRHP Weekend will be March 10 and 11. If you would like to participate, please send an email to Jocelyn Pedalino at jocelynp619@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment