Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Louise Barrett: What CRHP means to me

I made my CRHP weekend back in 1986, right after I joined St. Raphael's with two toddlers. It came at the perfect time for me, as I really needed a retreat and the support of other women as a mother of young children.

At the weekend CRHP Retreat, I met women who became my special friends at St. Raphael's for the past 25 years. Because of the CRHP weekend, I felt part of the Parish and learned that my Parish was a special place for me.

During the follow up after the retreat, my 54-year-old dad died unexpectedly. My CRHP sisters surrounded me with love and prayers. I will always be grateful for this very special program. It gave me so many blessings and the strength to endure the loss of my father.

I hope you have the chance to make this weekend, too.

-- Louise Barrett

The St. Raphael Catholic Church Women's CRHP Weekend will be March 10 and 11. If you would like to participate, please send an email to Jocelyn Pedalino at jocelynp619@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment