Sunday, February 27, 2011

Prayers at the beginning of the day

Photo by Jane Winstead
Father Dominic at 9:30 Mass on Sunday.

God's powerful words, "I will never forget you" show us how much he loves us, Father Dominic said in his homily on Sunday. No one can serve two masters, he said, so we should seek first the kingdom of God and all things will be given. Father Dominic challenged parishioners to avail themselves of the opportunities to be with God, taking time to pray in the Tabernacle Room or attending daily Mass at least once a week.

As a resource for daily devotions, he quoted morning prayers from well known clergy. Print and save:

Lord, one more day to love you. – Brother Charles de Foucauld

O Jesus, watch over me always, especially today, or I shall betray you like Judas. – St Philip Neri

My God, send me thy Holy Spirit to teach me what I am and what thou art. – St. John Vianney

May the passion of Christ be ever in our hearts. – St. Paul of the Cross

And to be more with Him, more with Him, not merely with oneself. – Pope John Paul II

No comments:

Post a Comment