Monday, March 8, 2010

Carol Irwin, Christ Renews His Parish (women)

Photos by Jane Winstead
The Spring 2010 St. Raphael CRHP team awaits you. Below: Carol Irwin speaks at Mass about the upcoming CRHP weekend.

Twenty-seven years ago I moved from California to St. Petersburg not having one friend in all of Florida.

We moved into St. Raphael's Parish and Father Dechering, our pastor, invited me to make a Christ Renews His Parish Weekend.

He suggested it would be a great way to meet and get to know the people in my parish. I was nursing a newborn at the time so I postponed attending the weekend for a couple of years.

However, after making the weekend I felt much more a part of the fabric of our parish life.

Now, my newborn is in the Navy on the USS New York and Christ Renews His Parish is still invigorating our parish community!

Consequently, I'd like to extend to all the women in the parish who have not made the weekend to consider coming to Christ Renews His Parish on March 13 and 14.

There is a small group of committed parishioners who have been praying hard and working hard to be used as instruments of God's love.

This renewal program is an excellent Lenten experience. During the one and one half days you are at the parish, you will have an opportunity to reflect on Christ's presence in your life and establish friendships that will be life-giving.

In this fast paced life we live, it is so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life that we often don't stop long enough to reflect on or appreciate how much the dear Lord longs for a closer relationship with each of us. During this weekend you will experience Christ's love, and the love of your parish community and your sisters in Christ.

Christ Renews His Parish provides time away from daily routines and responsibilities to let Jesus help you recognize just how precious you are to Him. (Husbands, why not give your wife a special spiritual gift for Lent – offer to watch the kids and encourage your wife to take this time to be spiritually refreshed and renewed. The gift costs nothing but your time yet it is a gift that keeps on giving).

I couldn't think of a better stop along life's journey than to let Christ whisper to your heart and soul, "I love you. I have carved you on the palm of my hand. You are mine. Come to me when you are burdened and I will give you rest. I am the good shepherd. I am with you always. Come follow me!"

After 29 years, Christ is still renewing our parish. So, please consider this invitation from God to you through your sisters in Christ. The inspiration is awesome, and the spiritual renewal is inevitable.

You will, I promise, feel welcomed, loved, inspired and so happy you said yes.

If you're interested: Please reserve your spot on the weekend by calling Celeste Brown (527-1453), Debbie Craig (526-0806) or Carol Irwin (821-7390). We'll have the coffee brewing when you come on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment